Lafarge is the world leader in building materials. Present in 64 countries, the Group responds to the world’s demand for housing and infrastructure. Lafarge is driven by the needs of its customers, shareholders, local communities and architects.
Our interests in East Africa are represented through our operations in Bamburi Cement Ltd, Hima Cement Ltd, Bamburi Special Products Ltd and Lafarge Eco Systems.
Bamburi Cement Limited is looking to employ a Treasury Analyst to join our Team. Reporting to the Treasury & Insurance Manager based in Nairobi Corporate Office, the successful candidate will be responsible for :-
Key responsibilities include:
· Effective and efficient preparation of treasury reports (daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly) for Bamburi to support treasury decision making and for reporting to the Group SFA Reporting (for group accounts) and to Lafarge consolidation department via HFM.
· Effective and efficient preparation of treasury forex forecasts reports for Bamburi to support decision making and for reporting to Lafarge Central Treasury Department.
· Posting bank transactions for the respective bank accounts controlled at the respective head office including daily bank reconciliation of the active bank accounts and monthly bank reconciliations for all bank accounts.
· Assist the Treasury Manager to ensure adequate liquidity is maintained in the bank accounts at all times to cover the business needs.
· Has shared responsibility of liaising with the banks to follow up supporting details for transaction through the bank accounts, obtaining balances, etc. Preparation & facilitation of documents & instructions to banks e.g. deal instructions, transfers, guarantee applications etc.
· Assist the Treasury Manager in dealing with authorized counter-parties for foreign exchange transactions, short term borrowing transactions, and short term deposit transactions and in short term SWAP transactions.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in business discipline with professional qualifications (CPA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Experience: Minimum two years preferably in a busy commercial environment or reputable audit firm. Should preferably have a good understanding of processes in different business areas.
- Good knowledge and experience in spreadsheet applications and business systems
- Good knowledge of SAP for FI/CO module, SAP banking within FI/CO module and Treasury module within SAP
- Good team player and good interpersonal skills in dealing with internal and external parties
- Good attention to detail
How to apply
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your Application Letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae containing names of three referees who can provide confidential assessment of your capabilities. By 10th December 2013 to the address below
Please remember to quote the position on the email subject line. For more information, please visit our website www.lafarge.co.ke
Bamburi Cement Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
View all of our job opportunities and submit an open application.
View all of our internship opportunities and submit an open application.