Lafarge is the world leader in building materials. Present in 64 countries, the Group responds to the world’s demand for housing and infrastructure. Lafarge is driven by the needs of its customers, shareholders, local communities and architects.
Our interests in East Africa are represented through our operations in Bamburi Cement Ltd, Hima Cement Ltd, Bamburi Special Products Ltd and Lafarge Eco Systems.
Bamburi Cement Limited is looking to employ an Electrical Technician to join our Team. Reporting to the Electrical and Systems Engineer based in Nairobi Grinding Plant in Athi River, the successful candidate will be responsible for : -
Key responsibilities include:
- Participating in all plant safety activities and plant safety and health inspections.
- Adhering and enforcing safe working procedures within the Electrical operations.
- Executing maintenance work to be carried out on Electrical equipment;
- Participating in planning and scheduling of maintenance jobs and resources allocation.
- Ensuring that equipment first level and specific inspections are performed as scheduled.
- Participating in monthly stock taking for Electrical spare parts inventory.
- Ensuring that the quality of maintenance jobs done by subcontractors is good
- Participating actively in Root Cause and Failure Analysis of equipment incidences and the implementation of action plans
The ideal candidate will have:
- A higher National Diploma in Electrical & Systems Engineering;
- At least five (5) years experience in Electrical Engineering in a busy manufacturing environment;
- Good knowledge of Electrical distribution systems and trouble-shooting skills;
- Ability to read and interpret Electrical diagrams;
- Basic understanding of cement production process;
- Basic knowledge in Programmable Logic Controls i.e. Siemens;
- Experience in Computerized Maintenance Management System software;
- A team player with excellent communication skills;
- Highly motivated, self driven and results oriented individual with ability to work under pressure;
How to apply
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your Application Letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae containing names of three referees who can provide confidential assessment of your capabilities, by 9th April 2014 to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember to quote the position on the email subject line. For more information, please visit our website www.lafarge.co.ke.
Bamburi Cement Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
View all of our job opportunities and submit an open application.
View all of our internship opportunities and submit an open application.