To sustainably utilise Bamburi's lands and rehabilitate the quarries to a showcase of environmental responsibility whilst involving neighbouring communities and other stakeholders.
To be the centre of excellence in land management, quarry rehabilitation and stakeholder relations in the Lafarge group.
Reserve Land Mangement
- Securing Bamburi's mining reserve land
- Biofuel Project: producing wood as renewable fuel for Bamburi's cement kilns
- Stakeholder and community relations
- Housing estate management
- Ecosystem development and maintenance
- Biodiversity conservation
- Tourism & Education
- Wildlife management
Haller Park is nature park in Bamburi, Mombasa, on the Kenyan Coast. It is the transformation of a quarry wasteland into an ecological paradise. Haller Park holds a variety of plant and animal species which serve as a recreation hot spot to tourists and locals. Up to March 2007 it held the famous attraction of Owen and Mzee – the friendship of a hippopotamus and a tortoise.