The Maskani initiative is a value added service to home builders offering technical advice during the construction process. This initiative was launched in Kenya in 2015 and since then, Maskani has supported more than 2,000 customers to construct more than 10,000 housing units.
The Maskani team is comprised of built environment professionals such as Architects, Quantity Surveyors and Engineers. The customers not only benefit from sound construction advice, but also from a network of contractors and building material suppliers.
The services are offered in return for exclusive purchase of Bamburi Cement’s products during renovation, extension, or construction of homes.
Maskani seeks to address affordability and construction quality by:-
- Provision of on-site technical assistance (construction advice)
- Partnerships with building material manufacturers
- Linkages with building material outlets.
Benefits of the program
- Providing a cost saving to the end user
- Improving construction standards
- Enhancing the building experience of property owner
- Providing convenience to the property owner.
- Available countrywide as it is linked to Bamburi’s retail network
Types of construction covered under this program
- Incremental/ bit by bit construction
- Single dwelling unit
- Multiple dwelling units (bedsitters, apartment blocks, housing estates)
Primary Target Audience
- Individual Home Builder
- Contractors (small, medium and large)
- Developers (SACCOs, Chamas, private developers, county & national governments.
Some of the housing types that customers under this initiative benefit from include:
- Apartment blocks (under the mass housing initiative)